Monday, January 28, 2013

MARITAL SEPARATION

By  Mwaikenda Rehema,,



The things I'm sharing with you now are what I’ve learned through living it.  Which is Will marital separation work is the topic for today.  Let’s be completely honest, it’s not about the separation; it's about what you do while you're separated.  This is going to be a very tough and emotional drain, probably will be the hardest thing you've ever done in your entire life.

 With any luck you will come out of this a better person, hopefully with a marriage that is better than you ever dreamed.  I know this seems hard to grasp right now, but it's true.  The reason I know this is because I live that life, my wife and I lived apart for a year and a half.she wanted a trial separation, I had no choice but to agree. I will help you get through this tough period of your life, just as I had to. There are some things you need to know, things you must not do.

Remember during marital separation, less is more. Your mind and heart will tell you to do things for your spouse. This is the emotional part of you talking, and it's not correct. The best thing you can do is let them have their separation they so desire. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not recommending separation. Avoid it if you can, but if you're separated, or it is inevitable, give them their space.
When I was first separated, I sent my wife flowers, left her little cards everywhere. When we went to our next counseling session I was shocked. My wife had told the counselor that” I was courting her”. This is exactly what I was doing, but it's not what she wanted, at least at that time. These are very strange and emotional times, expect the unexpected.
It's very important for you to believe what they tell you, it's absolutely how they see it through their eyes. And that their perspective is no less valid than yours. The sooner you understand this, the quicker your relationship can turn around and head in the forward direction. I wish I would've understood this lesson much earlier than I did.

After I received that news from our counselor, I backed off.  I was told, I was calling too much, I ceased calling completely.  And of course all the flowers and cards stopped also, mainly because I was angry.  And I wasn't going to do that anymore, I'll show her I thought.  Of course this was the wrong attitude, but it's how I felt at the time.

Now, hindsight being 2020, and trust me it is.  I would have given her more space in the very beginning.  Thank God I never stalked her that would have been a big mistake.  I did cook dinner and invite her over to the house more often than I should have.  She often told me, that we weren't even separated.  You need to give them exactly what they're wanting, and a healthy dose of it.  It's the only way they will find out that it's not what they really want.
Marital Separation is it time for you to grow.
In the meantime, you should look for friends, groups or anything else that will keep your time occupied.  I started playing the guitar, this is something I always wanted to learn, and I found myself with plenty of extra time.  Do things that are solely about you, don't look for things that you think will please them.  This is your time and it's important to take care of yourself.

You'll actually become more attractive to them as you live your life. People who are happy are attractive to other people. So don’t feel sorry for yourself.  Don't mope and don't worry about whaalso the reason I’m writing this, It's to help you see with my eyes.  I know how hard it is to find somebody who's made it through these situations.  So trust in what I tell you, give yourself a better chance of making it through your marital separation.
Marital Separation does not mean it's over.

If you run into questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.  That's what I'm here for, to help save your family and marriage.

9 comments:

  1. I am in a situation where the past 7 months. I have been trying to fix my marriage. 4 months trying and 3 separated as of today. I reached a point that I want to back off but I don't want to lose contact. I feel like contacting her but I am now telling myself not to. My wife says she has fallen out of love. Did you experience the same?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im also at 9 months of this. Some times i get mad frustrated. I have tried everything ald all i hear is that its my fault. I have invited her to various dinners and she has accepted as soon as the meal and coupple of drinks we walk and tells me the same thing that this marriage is too broken because of me. I have tried everything with no avail. Sonetimes she treats me infirior and sometimes i feel she analyzes me and everything i say. Everything i say she twist it against me. The last time we went out she even had her ring on which i was supprised but at the end of the evening she rolls back and says that i havent changed and that shes scared. But she gets mad and states that this is over. Love this woman but dont know what to do...should i just drop out and give her what she wants. Have 3 kids and they all want to spend time with me more than usual and even have spoken to her about it. I dont bring the kids into this but it does break my heart. Just needing some sain advice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seems like forever been almost a month and I'm nuts, insane,

    ReplyDelete
  4. would it be okay to send my wife on flower after our separation of one month a red rose the same thing I gave to her when we first met? I will try and send it anonymously but have a clue on there to let her know who she might think it's from? I am all the way across the country and I was mentally abusive to her but I have changed and I know for sure that I would never ever be like that again. As soon as she moved out she flew back right away if I filed divorce and restraining order papers with bit of bogus stuff on there. I am not sure why though I believe she has a very controlling family and this is what led to that they always hated me. What I don't get is in the beginning she left her family without saying anything or even wanting to contact them and now she's done it in reverse? She is mentally slow and has a problem communicating I don't know if that factors into anything? I still love her very much and know things could turn around if we were getting one last shot because I would make that shot count with her

    ReplyDelete
  5. would it be okay to send my wife on flower after our separation of one month a red rose the same thing I gave to her when we first met? I will try and send it anonymously but have a clue on there to let her know who she might think it's from? I am all the way across the country and I was mentally abusive to her but I have changed and I know for sure that I would never ever be like that again. As soon as she moved out she flew back right away if I filed divorce and restraining order papers with bit of bogus stuff on there. I am not sure why though I believe she has a very controlling family and this is what led to that they always hated me. What I don't get is in the beginning she left her family without saying anything or even wanting to contact them and now she's done it in reverse? She is mentally slow and has a problem communicating I don't know if that factors into anything? I still love her very much and know things could turn around if we were getting one last shot because I would make that shot count with her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I'm literally going through the same right now, reading your experience helped me see I'm not the only one that is hated by their wife's family, or that their wife is mentally slow and that u have been emotionally abusive but u did change and because she was mentally slow she didn't comprehend, your situation was 4 years ago, how long did it take for her to go back to you?

      Delete
  6. Hello I’ve been separated from my wife for two months I have found my own accommodation and bought things for my flat feel that I have done the wrong thing my wife is very distant I’m seeing the children and things are okay we have had a few falling out about money and I have not been the The best I could’ve been should I still give my wife distance and not send her flowers or texts et cetera I feel like we’re moving farther apart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Separated a few times. Now separated again. She has now blocked me . Don't know wat to do

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY TO HAVE MY EX-BOYFRIEND BACK________________________________((R.BUCKLER11@GMAIL. COM)),

    ReplyDelete